Keyboard languages in Textexpander for iOS (8.4.9

Apparently, only English is available as keyboard language.

When will other languages be available?

I am very much missing Danish

--
/Karl Erik Jessen
Farum
Denmark

HI @Karl_ErikJessen ,

I hope this Wednesday is treating you well!

You’re right, for now, the TextExpander keyboard is English only. That means autocorrect, word suggestions, and swipe typing all work from an English dictionary. A few things that should help in the meantime:

  1. Accented letters like é, ë, and ï are there. Just press and hold the base letter to see them.
  2. If English autocorrect gets in the way while you type in Dutch, you can turn it off in the TextExpander app under the Keyboard tab. Your snippets will still expand as usual.
  3. You can keep your regular Dutch keyboard too. Tap the globe key to switch between it and TextExpander whenever you like.

I’ve also passed your request for Dutch along to our team. Hearing from customers like you really does help shape what we build next.

I hope this helps!
If there is anything else I can help you out with on your TextExpander journey, don’t hesitate to let us know. You can also get a faster response by reaching out to us at support@textexpander.com

I hope you have a great day!

-Nick

Thanks for the tip about long press - they also work for the Danish special letters: æ, ø and ø. Also when these letters are used in abbreviations.

BUT. This long press method is more inconvenient than regular keys, so: Do you have a roadmap, telling when Danish keyboard would be available?

--
/Karl Erik Jessen
Farum
Denmark